How to Throw a Butler Approved 420 Party
Set the SceneThis isn’t your typical juvenile house party, so put away the red plastic cups and trade them in for some fine china, or at least plasticware that looks like fine china. Think white or clear with gold rims on champagne glasses, plates, platters. Anything to really sell that fine dining experience to your guests. If the house still feels like it needs more decor, think outside the box. Instead of using a traditional vase, put a bouquet of flowers in a pretty water pipe, place some party favors near the front door, and set out a few candles to really add an extra touch of elegance. Use this special occasion to show off your fancy smoking gear and put out your favorite RooR water pipe or volcano vaporizer.
DecorUp next: Decorations. You can find a lot of good decorations from a party store, or if you’re feeling creative, try out some fun DIY décor. Many decorations can be made with inexpensive materials that can be found at the local craft shop and paired with a little creativity and time. Pick up some construction paper, string, and tape from your nearest craft store and create a festive sign to hang up in the foyer that reads “Happy 420” or whatever your heart desires. It’s always fun to have something for your guests to wear, like beads, leis, or a pipe necklace, which can double as a party favor! What’s really important here is to make sure that your space is festive and fun for your guests. Not only are decorations important to grab the perfect Instagram pic, but also to get your friends in the mood to have fun.
MunchiesThere are a few tricks up the Butler’s sleeve when it comes to feeding his guests some 420 goodies. Naturally, a few infused dishes on the menu will really fit the overall theme of the night and don’t take long to prepare once you have the building block ingredient: infused butter. Listed below are a few of The Butler’s favorite infused recipes that stray from the traditional special brownie.
BUTTERIngredients: ½ cup of salted butter, ¼ ounce of your legal smoking herbs, ground into small pieces.
- Place butter in medium saucepan, and put on low heat till melted
- Add herb and allow to marinate for 45 minutes, stirring often
- Strain mixture into large dish with available lid, using the spoon to mash the herb in order to glean every drop of butter
- If not using butter immediately, place a lid on container and refrigerate until use
INFUSED DINNERIngredients: 1 chicken breast cut into smaller pieces, infused butter and/or infused olive oil, 1 onion cut into bite-sized pieces, small cremini mushrooms, salt and pepper, black and green olives, and ½ glass of white wine (optional).
- Wash the chicken and allow to dry before seasoning thoroughly with salt and pepper
- Gradually heat infused butter and olive oil in a skillet then add chicken pieces
- Remove chicken once golden brown
- Lower heat and fry onion pieces until transparent
- Put chicken back onto pan and add the cremini mushrooms, cooking on low heat for 5 minutes
- Add white wine and allow to marinate for a few minutes
- Add black and green olives, stirring to mix all ingredients
- Keep on low heat until ready to serve
INFUSED CAKEIngredients: ½ cup of milk, 1 ¾ cups of flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of infused butter, 2 eggs, a bag of chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pour flour, sugar and chocolate chips in mixing bowl
- Melt infused butter and pour into the bowl
- Add 2 eggs and milk, mixing thoroughly
- Grease an 8×8 cake pan and pour in batter
- Place on center rack of the oven and allow to bake for 25 minutes
- Check doneness by sticking a knife into the cake. If it comes out clean, it can be removed! If not allow it to bake for a few more minutes
- When the cake is finished baking, allow the cake to cool
- Add frosting and serve!
Safety FirstThe Butler cannot stress this enough: Be safe. First, always make sure that water is readily available to yourself and guests. Making sure that everyone is well hydrated will help with any anxiety, headaches, hangovers, and of course, cottonmouth, that your guests may experience. Additionally, If spirits get overpoured and your friends are stumbling, sleepy, or simply enjoyed the night to the fullest extent, make sure they do not drive. If you need a Lyft code, click here.
ConclusionDon’t forget about sending your guests home with party favors! Hippie Butler’s Cotton Mouth Candies are a great parting gifts for your guests! Want something a little fancier for your guests? There are plenty of goodies to choose from that include a wider array of fun and useful smoking accessories like Your Butler’s gold fumed spoon pipe or rose gold Ccell vaporizer, depending on your taste and budget. There you have it, all of the steps necessary to host a Butler approved 420 party that your friends will be talking about for years to come- what they remember from it, that is!
We love hearing from you! In the comments below, tell us what your favorite 420 party snack is!